Pens

Pens

Monday, November 22, 2010

Review: Dr. Grip LTD

Dr. Grip LTD
The Dr. Grip LTD is a very nice mechanical pencil. It's the typical American look. Classic colours, nice weight and feel; it's a great thing to have in your office. I've never been so fond about American Dr. Grips though. They always seem so ordinarily coloured, especially compared to Japanese Dr. Grips. But, they are still fine writing utensils which earn a spot in my elustrious pencil bag. The mechanism inside allows us to both use a shaker mechanism and the normal push-click system. I find the shaker system very useful and unique. When I'm writing fast or I really need to pee, I can just quickly shake my pencil, and in two shakes the lead will advance, so I can keep writing. The grip on the Dr. Grip LTD is a shorter, harder grip. Although I still enjoy this grip, it could definetely use some cushion and some length.

Pros: Crafted very well, shaker mechanism, nice grip, heavy body, ergonomic design.
Cons: Pricey, small eraser, nothing compared to a Japanese Dr. Grip (say, the G-Spec)
Overall: 7.5/10. It's a good pencil. Go get one.
-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment